What is Lakbay-Aral?
Lakbay-Aral, a Filipino term literally translated as “learning journey”, is a program that provides opportunities for exposure visits and experiential learning for students on a myriad of topics or themes. The program prioritizes on student leaders of the university but may also include regular students or even graduate students. It allows the participants to:
- build up on their skills,
- understand current trends and issues,
- interact with other people
- develop a deeper sense of personal awareness
as they are exposed to the Lakbay-Aral sites and venues. Lakbay – Aral activities can be classified into the following categories,
- According to destination
- Local – sites within the Metro Manila Area
- Provincial – areas outside of Metro Manila
- International – exposure outside of the Philippines
- According to theme
- Lakbay – Aral Tech and Innovation- students are exposed to latest R and D results and developed technologies and innovation
- Lakbay – Aral Leadership and Governance – students are exposed to local and national government units, other higher education institutions, and industries who have exhibited “best practices” and initiatives worthy of emulation and replication.
- Lakbay – Aral Heritage – students are exposed to historical and cultural sites to learn more on Philippine culture, history, and national pride.
- Lakbay – Aral Spirit – students are exposed to spiritual traditions and religious practices making them aware of the role of spirituality, or religion, in our society and particularly in creating the Filipino identity.
Schedule for SY 2013 – 2014