The Scranton Women’s Leadership Center (SWLC) of Seoul, South Korea has announced the eight recipients of the Scranton Scholarship Program from Trinity University of Asia. The scholarship program was established in 2007 to support young women in developing countries attain higher education.
The Scranton Scholars for school year 2014 – 2015 are as follows:
- Camille Gem S. Arevalo – BS Psychology 3rd
- Michelle Joyce Aytona – BS Biology 3rd
- Lilibeth Catcho – BS Tourism 4th
- Coleen Louella D.P. Corbeta – BS Accountancy 2nd
- Apryll Marie Joie Decena – BS Tourism 3rd
- Danica Maria D. Rubio – BS Psychology 2nd
- Hazzel S. Suaze – BSE-English 4th
- Erica Mae Joy D. Villaflores – BEED-SPED
The scholarship is granted to women with financial need and to those who demonstrate commitment to a life goal of leadership. SWLC is committed to nurturing women to become leaders so that they may contribute to the larger world. To date, fourteen (14) scholars from Trinity University of Asia received the scholarship grants since 2009. The colleges and the countries are selected by the Scranton Center in consultation with the United Board of Christian Higher Education in Asia and/or the Women’s Division of the General Board of Global Ministries. The application process was administered by the participating schools themselves through the office of the president or a designated staff in charge of scholarships.