The Student Affairs Center’s University Recognition Ceremonies 2016 was held last May 4, at the Wayland S. Mandell Auditorium. The annual recognition ceremonies were instituted to recognize student leaders, student personalities, student organizations, and faculty advisers, that showcased exemplary work and achievements in their fields of specialization, volunteerism, student development activities, leadership and club advisorship. It was attended by various officers of the management, faculty advisers, student leaders, organizations, student awardees and parents.
The following are the summary of awards and awardees:
Faculty Adviser Award – Given to a faculty adviser of any recognized student organization that has shown a strong and faithful manifestation of the Trinitian badge of excellence in advisorship, and of role modeling in guiding student to become Person’s for others.
- MR. JASON DIÑO - Adviser, Student Nurses’ Association
Most Outstanding Faculty Adviser (College-Wide Organization)
- MR. DIVINO CANTAL JR. – Adviser, Trinity Stagers
Most Outstanding Faculty Adviser (University-Wide Organization)
Organizational Awards – Organizational Awards are given to recognize student organizations for continuously strengthening the Trinitian badge of excellence in club management for implementing activities and services reflective of TUA’s thrust of a dynamic participation of the Filipino youth for social transformation.
- STUDENT NURSES ASSOCIATION (SNA)
Most Outstanding College-Wide Organization
- TRINITY STAGERS
Most Outstanding University-Wide Organization
Special Commendation for Organizations:
TRISTA/ TRINITY DANCE TROUPE– For their exemplary dedication to engaged in community summer outreach activities and programs of the Trinitian Center for Community Development, that served our partner communities’ youth organizations, upholding TUA’s core values of teamwork and social responsibility
TRINITY JUNIOR MARKETING ASSOCIATION – For their exemplary dedication in sponsoring student development activities and programs that that has encouraged participation and unity among its members, upholding TUA’s core values of integrity, excellence, teamwork, innovation and social responsibility
Special Commendation for Students – The Special Commendation for Students is given to student or group of students who have represented the university and promoted the university as an institution of excellence and leadership and talents in the performing arts.
- MOSES OCHE AKOH (College of Business Administration) – For his exemplary representation of a TRUE TRINITIAN TALENT to the ABS – CBN’s “I LOVE OPM: Original Pinoy Music” a Filipino reality music competition, thus exemplifying TUA’s core values of innovation and excellence.
- MARAH JOY T. UBERITA (College of Medical Technology)- For representing TUA as one of the elected officers of Philippine Association of Campus Student Leaders – National Capital Region (2014-2016), upholding the TUA’s core values of integrity, excellence, teamwork, innovation and social responsibility
- TUA VINES – for their creative expression of the Trinitian student using vines – a video sharing application on the web, showcasing the fun and cool side of student life in TUA thus upholding the institution’s value of innovation, excellence and teamwork.
CONNIE RAYE P. MOYAEN (CED) | MARY ROSE THERESE B. RAMOS (CED) | LOURD EDWARD D. MARIANO (CMT) | GLENDA M. CABIO (CBA) | JAZELYNN DIANE D. SEALE (CAS) | ROMA DOMINICK Q. TUPAS (CAS) – For being one of the university envoy in the International Partnership for Service Learning of Christian Universities of Anglican Communion @ Trinity University of Asia last February 15 – March 4, and through upholding the TUA’s value for excellence and social responsibility
Outstanding Student Awards for the Athletics, Cultural and Performing Arts
Most Outstanding Student in Athletics – “Athlete of the Year” – For enhancing the importance of sports in Trinitian education, with its message to develop a sound mind and a sound body and also upholding the values of sportsmanship and fair play.
- DARYLENE N. YUBOCO – College of Education (Volleyball- Women)
- HAROLD L. OMEGA – College of Hospitality and Tourism Management (Volleyball- Men)
- MICHAEL A. MACABALLUG – College of Business Administration (Basketball)
Most Outstanding Student in Cultural and the Performing Arts – This award is conferred to a student that excelled in the field of cultural, music, dance and the performing arts. Exemplified ingenuity and creativity in the expression of their artistic ability which promoted the university or the country’s rich cultural heritage.
- PAOLO MARTIN P. CALAQUI – College of Computing and Information Sciences
TUA SYMPHONIC BAND
- MS. LEONIDEZ LAUREANNE A. CUNETA – College of Business Administration
TUA DANCE TROUPE
Outstanding Student Awards for Community Involvement – Given to a student who has exemplified being “persons for others” by engaging in or organizing activities geared towards the upliftment of the human condition in the light of enabling and empowering others. Such activities are not limited only to school based projects and may be done on a personal capacity or as a member of an external organization.
- JOSEPHINE MAE T. FIGUERAS (Bronze Medalist) – St. Luke’s College of Nursing
- NEAL JEROME E. SANTOS (Silver Medalist) – College of Business Administration
- NOREEN S. RABAGO (Gold Medalist) – College of Education
Trinitian Leadership Awards - This award is conferred to a deserving officer of a recognized student organization for his/her exemplary ability in organizational management and activities of significant importance to the university.
- SOPHIA ANGELA P. INOCENTES – President, Student Nurses’ Association
Most Outstanding Student Leader (College-Wide Organization
- CORINA TOLENTINO – President, Central Student Council 2015-2016
Most Outstanding Student Leader (University-Wide Organization)